The advantage of herbariums is that they require no major maintenance or natural light. They are a fuss-free way to enjoy nature in any room.
If the lid of your herbarium leaked a little oil in transit, don’t worry! Simply wipe the oil away. These lids cannot be permanently sealed as we want you to be able to dispose of the contents at the end of the herbarium’s life. Any minor leakage upon delivery will not affect the quality or longevity of your herbarium.
Here are our top tips for living with your herbarium:
- Keep it out of direct sunlight to help the colors stay brilliant longer.
- Do not open the lid. Keeping it sealed will prevent moisture and dust from degrading the contents.
- Avoid locating it beside a heat source.
- Keep it away from children and pets. The silicone oil is not edible!
- Handle the bottle with care.